Answer the questions below and check the answers to assess the possibility of being eligible for a US visa or other benefits. Note that this is just a preliminary evaluation. You should not rely on the results to act or refrain to act on your case. You might also be eligible for more than one benefits. Please go over all the eligibilty benefits. However actually recommend a full consultation to assess your eligibilty(ies).
Call us at (510) 742 5887 to schedule a full consultation.
* Do you a US Bachelor’s or US equivalent Bachelor’s degree (combination of experience and experience & education accepted)?
Yes or No
If YES – then proceed to find out if you are being offered an specialty occupation under the H1B visa requirements.
*** What is a specialty occupation?
The job must meet one of the following criteria to qualify as a specialty occupation:
Bachelor’s or higher degree or its equivalent is normally the minimum entry requirement for the position
– The degree requirement for the job is common to the industry or the job is so complex or unique that it can be performed only by an individual with a degree
– The employer normally requires a degree or its equivalent for the position
– The nature of the specific duties is so specialized and complex that the knowledge required to perform the duties is usually associated with the attainment of a bachelor’s or higher degree.
For you to qualify to accept a job offer in a specialty occupation you must meet one of the following criteria:
– Have completed a U.S. bachelor’s or higher degree required by the specific specialty occupation from an accredited college or university
– Hold a foreign degree that is the equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s or higher degree in the specialty occupation
– Hold an unrestricted state license, registration, or certification which authorizes you to fully practice the specialty occupation and be engaged in that specialty in the state of intended employment
– Have education, training, or progressively responsible experience in the specialty that is equivalent to the completion of such a degree, and have recognition of expertise in the specialty through progressively responsible positions directly related to the specialty.
If you do not qualify check other