How Do I Apply for Work Authorization?

Q. I came in with a student visa and have been studying here in the U.S. How can I apply for work authorization?

A. You should discuss employment with the Designated School Official (usually the foreign student advisor) at your school. Also, please see the information specific to the type of student visa you possess (academic or vocational) on the appropriate web site. Vocational students should see How do I become a vocational student in the U.S.? and Academic students should see How do I become an academic student in the U.S.?