How Do I Apply to Qualify My School for Foreign Student Attendance?

If you are a Designated School Official or other School Representative, you should become familiar with several topics that pertain to foreign students.

These topics include:

– How you can obtain authorization to accept a foreign student at your institution

– Your responsibilities, if you recommend or authorize employment for a foreign student who is attending your school

– Your responsibility to report a foreign student who fails to enroll or drops out of your institution

– How a foreign student can transfer from one school to another.

For information about these and other related topics, you can call the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Student & Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) program at telephone number 202-305-2346. In the upper right corner of this page under “Related Links,” we’ve provided you the link to the SEVIS website for any additional information you may need.