aftergraduationOnce you graduate from a school, you might receive an Optional Practical Training (OPT) work authorization document.  This allows you to work in your field. The first OPT is usually for one.  For those who graduated from STEM, you might be eligible for an additional 24 months EAD, provided your employer and you meet the requirements.

Eventually once you complete the OPT, and in case you receive a job offer or are eligible to file for a change of status to another visa or a greencard, you might be able to do so. In case you do not want to pursue your stay in the United States and you have properly maintained status , you have 60 days of grace to depart the United States.

Like the Facebook Page