benefitsThe two main benefits you usually get with the student visa are that you may be eligible to work or drive while you are in the United States. Driving licenses are issued by the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) and are governed by state rules. It is important you follow the rules and laws of your state.

Driving: Every state has different rules for obtaining a driver’s license. Check the dmv_factsheet from the USCIS for information on driving licenses.

Working: You may be eligible to work while you are in the United States. Read this fact sheet on employment for foreign students to learn more about the rules and regulations pertaining to international student employment. It is important to note that many of the foreign students who come to the United States who actually find themselves in trouble because of violation of work visas.

Social Security Number: In order to work in the United States, you will need a Social Security number (SSN). Unless you receive a work authorization document (EAD) or CPT form, you will not be issued a SSN.

Like the Facebook Page