The Most Common Visas. The two visas are usually combined as B1/B2 visas. However, one can request only the B1 or the B2 visa.

B1 Visa – to look for prospect of business. Note that it is not a working visa unless you are looking into a B1 in lieu of an H1B visa.

B2 Visa – this is the visitor or tourist visa which most people who are interested in visiting the United States including for tourism and visit of family use.

The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) is a program where some countries mostly from Europe can enter the United States without prior approval from the US consulate.  Note that recently the VWP has actually changed. Check with the State Department Website for updates.

For those who are no sure what visa(s) might suit them start here:
Click on the one(s) which is/are relevant to you.

Want to Visit the USA?  Want to Study in the USA? Want to Work in the USA? Want to come join a family member in the USA?