This page covers the updated issues of the University of Northern New Jersey (UNNJ). As you all know UNNJ was a sting operation set up by the Department of Homeland Security and other agencies to “trap” brokers who were setting “pay to stay” student F1 visas. Such visas are illegal. However, in the course of doing so, many ‘innocent minds’ students were entangled in a web of termination of SEVIS, F1 visas status terminated, placed in removal proceedings (deportation) and some were placed in detention. While the government succeeded in catching the culprits involved in the visa scheme, they have also put the lives of many students in jeopardy. Many of the students were just victims of the system and a sting operation. Our law group has decided to look at the other side of the story of the government and has started to guide the students what are their legal rights. We recommend subscribing to our newsletter and also our youtube channel for further updates. If you want a personal consultation, please call us at (510) 742 5887
In the News:
- November 22, 2016 - Class Action Filed by UNNJ students
- July 28, 2016 - Possible Class Action by famous Attorney Ira Kurzban for UNNJ students.
- May 30, 2016 - Are the Students of NorthWestern Polytechnic University (NPU) in trouble?
- May 16, 2016 - What is happening with the UNNJ students?
- May 11, 2016 - Seven Things Consulting Companies should consider in hiring OPT students.
- April 30, 2016 - Prosecutorial Discretion for UNNJ students
- April 29, 2016 - List of Civil Rights Organizations – UNNJ Updates
- April 23, 2016 - Calling on the Government to consider Judicial Economy on the Court Cases for UNNJ students.
- April 22, 2016 - 7 Things to know about the Immigration Court – UNNJ Updates.
- April 21, 2016 - Should UNNJ students contact their respective countries’ Embassies or Consulates?